All our major subjects
- Professional Tour Guiding Skills.
- Wildlife Ecology.
- General Identifications of Animals, Birds & Plants
- Outdoor Leadership Skills.
- Camp Management.
- Spoken English
will be converted to be Competent Based with the proper Related Tasks and Assessment Criteria. We will be doing this step by step and gathering views and experiences from the students and trainers who are participating in the trials.
Wildlife Ecology lectures are being re-arranged in the following modules:
- Basic Food Sources: Plants.
- Pursuit of Food: Plants, Herbivores, Carnivores and Decomposers.
- Reproduction: Plants, Herbivores, Carnivores and Decomposers.
- Avoiding Predators: Plants, Herbivores, Carnivores and Decomposers.
- Social Organization: Plants, Herbivores, Carnivores and Decomposers.
- Controlling Factors.
- Modifying Factors.
- Principal Learning Outcomes.
- Enabling Outcomes.
- Subenabling Outcomes
- Related Tasks.
- Assessment Criteria.
- Assessment Methods
- Assessment Instruments.
Photo: The Curriculum Development Team at work at the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism, Dar-es-Salaam.
Vedasto Izoba, Principal - PROTS.
Abbas Makame Mohamed - Zanzibar
Bi Mariam Ali Mussa - Zanzibar.
In order to graduate in an advanced level, one must do a research project. Effective from January 2009 , PROTS has embarked on higher learning by moving from the old Ordinary Certificate to Advanced Certificate in Professional Tour Guiding & Leadership. The modules are essentially the same but with a new item of projects. With this change, a student is required, after going through the normal modules, to work on a project in order to acquire the graduation standards.
Current projects are follows:
1. Photographic Commentaries;
2. Plants: Medicinal uses;
3. Track & Signs of the Wild;
4. Reproduction in Birds - The Breeding Cycle;
5. Reproduction in Animals;
6. Tanzania National Parks & other Protected Areas;
7. Ngorongoro Conservation Area;
8. Phenomenal Strategies in Wildlife.
9. Phenomenal Strategies in Animals.
10. Phenomenal Strategies in Insects.
11. Documentary Hi-Lites.
12. Animals Comprehensive Details.
13. Cultural Tourism.
14. Mt. Kilimanjaro.
15. Swahili Culture.
16. Spice Islands.
And Much more to Come!