The year 2008 ended with a new unique product at PROTS, the LAMINATED LIBRARY. The PROTS Laminated Library was invented by Mr. Vedasto Izoba, Principal and it is progressing at an amazing speed. We will be publishing the new entries into our Laminated Library instantly.
We have stocked different Field Guide Books on
- Plants and
- Course Books are the main entries.
- Wildlife Ecology and related publications.
- Twiga Times,
- many other brochures of all kinds etc.
Students are then required to borrow the cards for extra reading and references. It is compasory for a student to take a minimum of 5 cards before getting into class. To control the cards, it is not allowed to keep the cards overnight. The Library facility is useful to foreign students and researchers and it is also open to the general public.
The Alphabetical Index is still being prepared.
To give you an idea of how rich this Library is I have taken two examples (real ones) under S:
Saanane Island Wildlife Sanctuary – 14, 15,353, 769, 770, 1190, 3301,
Serengeti Nat. Park – 1, 15, 16, 62, 72, 81, 111, 131, 150, 175, 243, 284, 322, 351, 384, 459, 493,494, 689, 771, 801, 804, 856, 857, 1105, 1191, etc.
This means you can easily pick the cards you want to study in an instant. It will be great fun to study with PROTS. We value information and believe that a Tour Guide without Information is like a Bank without money!!
Ushindwe Wewe! Karibuni Sana!
Arrived on 23 May, 2009.
Twiga Times - The Tourism Magazine of Tanzania Tour Operators, Vol 11 November, 2007 - February 2008.
- Traveller's Forum.
- Time Travels in Tanzania.
- What on earth are you doing with such an old car in Africa.
- Clinton gets a Tour of Ngorongoro Crater.
- Tanzania Ladies
- New Air Tanzania.
- Cutting the Hassle at Park Gates.
- What's Happening in the World of Elephants.
- International Grading System for Hospitality failities.
- Investment Opportunities in Mwanza and Rukwa.
- Kempinski Plans to open a Lodge in the Serengeti.
- TIC and the Promotion of Tourism Investment.
- The Tourism Bill, 2007.
- Tourism Economic Survey
- The 2007 Tanzania Tourism Awards.
- Message from the Executive Secretary
- Viewpoint and Letters
- TATO Membership List.
- Upcoming Events.
TANAPA TODAY. January - March, 2009. Issue 6.
- Danish Queen admire the Beauty of Serengeti.
- Parliament endorses Manyara annexation.
- Kipunji monkey discovered in Tanzania.
- Conservation for Sustainable Development.
- Arusha Manifesto.
- Tanzania Tourism Advert in London.
- Financial Crush & Tourism.
- Water crisis in Katavi National park.
- Amazing Animal facts.
- Park Tariffs.
Reise durch Tanzania.
A gold mine for German speking students/guides.
Saruni was the happiest of all. He is learning German and really doing well.
Amos, too has vowed to make very good use of this book.
Guide's Guide to Guiding.
A very famous book recommended by the Ministry. We have been using it for about five years now and we are happy to have an extra copy for our Library.
- How to join the tourist industry and become a guide.
- Qualifications and the type of safari company to try and join
- What kind of people are atracted to this industry and become guide
- The most important requirements for a wildlife guide
- How. who and where to learn from
- walking safaris, game drives, night drives, rifles hand guns, photography and binocular
- camp etiquette, guiding principal, the competition, khaki fever, tipping, National Park relationships
- Freelancing, female guides, how to handle burn out
- Medics, what to pack and have by your side at all times!
- Three important tips, ensure the client's safety, safety, safety!
African Footsteps - Travel Magazine.
A very wonderful magazine with essential interesting details for professional guides.
Tarangire: It's in the details.
Kilimanjari: Are you tough enough?
Selous: Lunching with Lions.
Egypt: Riding the wind in Ras Sudr.
Explore Zanzibar - Rich History, Old World beauty, sparkling beaches - Zanzibar has it all.
A Chat with Lady Jaydee. Swahili Cooking. Photo Gallery.
Bi Kidude: The Legend of Taarab. etc.
Some of the OLD TITLES in our Library:
We are giving you a list of the books, Guide Books, Manuals, Magazines that are were already in our Laminated Library. Please feel free to come and make good use of it. This facility is also open to the General Public.
List of Books with New Arrivals on the top;
47. Reise durch Tansania.
46. Guide's Guide to Guiding.
45. African Footsteps.
44. TANAPA Today.
43. Wilderness First Responder (NOLS) - Second Edition.
42. Her Magazine April 2009.
41. Ngorongoro Conservation Area Guide Book.
40. The Serengeti - Land of Endless Space.
39. Wayside Flowers of East Africa;
38. Birds of East Africa;
37. A Comprehesive Guide to Wilderness and Travel Medicine by Eric A. Weiss, M.D;
36. Emergency First Aid - St. John Ambulance;
35. Safari Guide to East African Animals - by Jonathan Scott.
34. Safari Guide to East African Birds by Jonathan Scott.
33. Curriculum for technical Certificate in Tour Guiding NTA Level 5;
32. Signs of the Wild;
31. Tanzania National Parks - Magazine.
30. Tanzania National Parks - Sullivan Special
29. Tanzania Africa Asilia;
28. Mafia & Kilwa - Mafia Island Marine Park;
27. Kilimanjaro - Guide Book;
26. Pocket Guide to the Reptiles and Amphibians of East Africa.
25. The Living World by George B. Johnson.
24. Her; Times (Environmental Edition);
23. Karibu Arusha Town & Map;
22. Tanzania Wildlife magazine - Kakakuona - Oct 07;
21. Twiga Times - Sept - Dec 2008;
20. Twiga Times Aug 2008;
19. Swara East African Wildlife Society - May/June 1992;
18. TanTravel - Sept 2008;
17. TanTravel - Jan 2008;
16. TanTravel Jun - 2000;
15. TASOTA - Souvenir Issue 2008;
14. Snakes and Other Reptiles of Southern Africa;
13. A Field Guide to Tanzania National Parks & Ngorongoro - By Lilla Lyogelo;
12. Kilwa Kisiwani Guide Book;
11. Wanyama Pori Tanzania - Kakakuona Dec 2007;
10. Tanzania Wildlife Kakakuona - Dec 2007;
9. Tanzania Wildlife Kakakuona - March 2008;
8. Wanyamapori Tanzania Kakakuona - March 2008;
7. African Sporting Gazette. Vol.10 Issue 2.
6. Wanyama Pori Tanzania - Kakakuona March 2003;
5. Ngorongoro Magazine - Deutsch.
4. Tanzania Travel & Tourism Directory 2003.
3. African Travel Review;
2. Africa Geographic - Wilddogs vs Hyaenas.
1. Professional Tour Guiding Skills;
Left: Hamza taking his compasory daily 5 cards before entering class